What To Do…
I am a huge believer in To Do lists. I have a lot of tasks, and building out lists is one of the best ways to make sure everything gets done on time.
The direction I have been moving in, especially since getting my Android phone, is moving those lists to my phone. I have been looking at numerous apps to handle my calendaring and to do list duties.
Among the requirements I have for a to do list are:
- Repeating Tasks… I write on 4 blogs and maintain a couple of dynamic websites that always need fresh content. So, I need to remember where I need to write posts each day. My repeating tasks include:
- Same day each month (gathering statistics in my local MLS)
- Same day each week (weekly posts like my 53 Cool Concept series each Sunday)
- Every X number of days (for places I post every four or eight days, etc)
- Ability to tag or note which tasks are for which purpose
- Prioritization (so I don’t get caught up in stuff that doesn’t matter… missing things that are more important)
- Ability to sync between my mobile device and other devices (laptop, cloud, etc.)
The tough one is repeating tasks… so far, the only thing I have found that really rocks repeating tasks is Microsoft Outlook. And there isn’t a real good way to incorporate it with an Android phone.
Over the next few weeks I am going to test and review as many ToDo List applications as I can find. I’ll be looking at them through the prism above… how they fit my needs. I will try to update this post with the links to each of those reviews… but feel free to subscribe to get the posts as fast as I write them.
And don’t be shy about suggestions… I find most of my apps through AppBrain, but also try to keep an eye on the Android Marketplace and even Google searches.
- Task List Guru Is Complete Desktop To-Do List Software (addictivetips.com)
- Top 20 Best Android Apps You Need To Get (That Aren’t Games) (makeuseof.com)
- Making It All Work – Getting Control: Organizing (thesimpledollar.com)
- Taskos Is a Voice-Powered Mobile To-Do List for Android [Downloads] (lifehacker.com)
- GTD Blog (eyesofcalvin.wordpress.com)