You can’t get there without a map. And even a poor map is often better than no map at all. The map DOES need to be accurate enough to show you where things are in relation to one another… but the scale can be off.
Maybe you can think of your blogging/social media map as a kind of treasure map. At the end, you will get the desired outcome from your efforts.
There are a few steps that you have to go through to get there.
- Figure out what you want. And “money” is not the right answer. That is a byproduct. Some examples might be finding new business or expanding market share.
- What is the best path to take to get there… work the path backwards.
- If we are looking for new clients, maybe we would get them from marketing to an expanded email newsletter list.
- In order to expand the email list, we need people to opt in…
- To get the opt-ins, we need to have compelling content with a clear call to action.
- Since we have compelling content, we need to make sure that we are getting it in front of people that have an interest. That would likely be through SEO and Social Media.
That is a pretty broad, unfocused view… And several of those steps might actually involve a map of their own… or several steps. The important part is to take a little time to think about it, and maybe even draw a map. Mind-Mapping software is a pretty cool option. I often use FreeMind, which is an Open Source option. But a sheet of graph paper and a pencil might be just the set of tools to capture what you need (you can concentrate on WHAT you are doing rather than on HOW to do it).
The important thing is to actually do it…
- Your Step-By-Step Tutorial On How To Start Off Your Own Email Marketing Campaign (thediamondringreview.com)
- Top 15 Ways to Build Your Subscriber List (townsvilletony.wordpress.com)
- How to Use Big Business Finance Principles to Grow Your Email List (problogger.net)
- How to Get Your Opt-In Subscriber List to the Next Level. (leccoworkshop.com)