I like perfection. In fact, I have a reputation as a bit of a perfectionist. What about you?
But, in blogging, perfection is the enemy. We all want it, but if we wait for it, NOTHING will get done. Maybe a word here or there needs to be changed. If we wait until tomorrow to read the post again, we might want to change a sentence here or there… or rearrange a couple of paragraphs. Then we should probably wait another day to read it and get impressions again. Maybe we need to send it to a few friends and incorporate a few changes that they think are needed.
Instead, while we SHOULD strive for perfection, we have to let go and get things done. Checking spelling is imperative. Having good sentence structure is important. Knowing that the photos aren’t being used without permission is a pretty good idea. A good post topic is something that we can’t skip. And a catchy title is essential.
But, sometimes we need to “settle” for good. Or maybe really good. OK, really good.
- The ImPerfectionist (reallyrega.wordpress.com)
- Mostly good might be good enough (chrysalisjourney.wordpress.com)
- Good Enough (lionhairedgirl.wordpress.com)
- Perfect-Shmerfect! Things I wish I would have know when I was fifteen. (janelleevans.wordpress.com)
- Is Perfection even desirable? (psychologytoday.com)