Remember from the intro post, these are the primary requirements I have for a To Do app for my phone/computer/the cloud…
Among the requirements I have for a to do list are:
- Repeating Tasks… I write on 4 blogs and maintain a couple of dynamic websites that always need fresh content. So, I need to remember where I need to write posts each day. My repeating tasks include:
- Same day each month (gathering statistics in my local MLS)
- Same day each week (weekly posts like my 53 Cool Concept series each Sunday)
- Every X number of days (for places I post every four or eight days, etc)
- Ability to tag or note which tasks are for which purpose
- Prioritization (so I don’t get caught up in stuff that doesn’t matter… missing things that are more important)
Ability to sync between my mobile device and other devices (laptop, cloud, etc.)
That seems pretty simple…
Fifth up is Taskos.
This is the one that kicks out most of the To Do Lists for me. There are several options, which may make this a great opportunity for some folks, but I felt a little limited.
- Daily – You can set tasks to repeat daily, or every x number of days. Not every Tuesday or any other variant.
- Weekly – Tasks can be set to repeat on a weekly basis, as well. So, if you have a task that needs to be done every Tuesday, this is the option you would use. You can set it to repeat on multiple selected days without entering each of them separately. That puts this above many other task apps.
- Monthly – The next option would be a monthly task. This can be set a specific day (November 20th for example) but not on a trigger (like the 3rd Saturday of the month).
Tasks can be applied to specific categories. This helps to keep things organized.
We HAVE to be able to focus on the things that are most important. Checkmark has three priority levels: low, medium and high. One thing I would note here, though. You CAN change the order that tasks appear on the list, however, the changes aren’t controlled enough. For example, I keep several tasks without due dates. With my tasks organized by date, they appear first, even though they are not a priority for me.
One thing that Taskos does is to sync well with Google Calendar. I personally find a lot of limits in Google Calendar (not the calendar as much as the accompanying tasks). If Google Calendar and Google Tasks could do exactly as I wanted, this would be a viable app for me to handle Task Management.
- To Do Lists… GOALS ToDo Free… (lanebailey.info)
- To Do Lists… Checkmark (lanebailey.info)
- What To Do… (lanebailey.info)
- Getting Things Done… (lanebailey.info)
- One of My FAVORITE WordPress Plug-ins… WP Editorial Calendar (lanebailey.info)
- The Six Best Apps for Getting Stuff Done [Appbattle] (gizmodo.com)
- Producteev Organizes and Syncs To-Do Tasks With Google Calendar [Personal Organization] (lifehacker.com)
- Top Android To Do List Apps (brighthub.com)
- Upcoming Changes to Google Tasks (searchenginejournal.com)